The History Department is delighted to announce a NEW scholarship program for all undergraduate History majors, and graduate students: The Wunderli scholarships. Applications are NOW OPEN to apply for this scholarship, through your student portal. The deadline for the application is March 1. Scholarships will be given in amounts UP TO $5000 for the next school year. Please see the information below, or go here to the UCCS scholarship page for more information.
The Wunderli Scholarships, named after the Department’s esteemed Professor Emeritus of Medieval History, provides support for undergraduate History majors and graduate students in our M.A. program. It is funded by a generous bequest from Judith Price (1944-2012), a long-time Instructor in Asian History in the Department. We seek especially to assist students whose financial burdens may interfere with the pursuit of a degree in history, as well as students with a record of extraordinary accomplishment. Awards may vary from $1,000 to $5,000 for the academic year. Student must demonstrate financial need by competing the FAFSA no later than March 1.
The following requirements must be submitted via the UCCS Scholarship Application in the portal.
- Special Essay
Special Essay Topic
Address each topic below in less than 1,000 words total:
- Describe where you are at in your History program, what courses you have taken in the History Department, and when you plan to graduate.
- Describe your current total financial picture in terms of paying for your college education/graduate degree. Please list all sources of support û from parents, family, significant other, other scholarships and fellowships you may be receiving, student grants and loans, and any other financial means of support that you currently rely on to pay for your education. Preference for this scholarship is for students with limited sources of external support.
- Describe your career to date at UCCS; why you are a History major or pursuing a graduate degree in History?
- How would being a recipient of this scholarship assist you in achieving your goals in our program?
- How would being a scholarship recipient alleviate you from other financial burdens û student loans, long work hours, etc. û that might hinder you from achieving your goals as a History student?
- If you are a graduate student, please indicate what you hope to accomplish with your M.A. degree.
Applicants will be notified of scholarship results in the beginning of May.
If you think you are eligible for this scholarship and would like to apply, log in to the UCCS Scholarship Application.